Ljubljana, 28 November 2013 – Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, acting as the Managing Authority for EU structural funds and the Cohesion Fund, approved the call for proposals to co-finance the implementation of single regional scholarship schemes for the school/academic year 2013/2014 which will be published and implemented by the Slovene Human Resources and Scholarship Fund. 2 million euros will be available within the call for proposals. The European Social Fund contribution amounts to 85 per cent of the value or 1.7 million euros.
The call will indirectly co-finance company scholarships which will enable the employers of the region to find the adequately qualified human resources to transfer new knowledge and technologies for accelerating the development of products and services.
The aim of the call is to co-finance the implementation of single regional scholarship schemes which are based on partnership among the employers, beneficiaries and the state with the objectives of:
- matching the supply with the human resources needs in the individual region
- raising the level of the educational structure
- lowering structural unemployment
- returning of human resources from university centres into the region or retaining human resources in the region
- promoting the development of scholarships by the companies in the region and planning the development of human resources in accordance with the labour market needs
The objective of the call is to include 250 employers and to co-finance scholarships for 500 grantees for the education in the individual level and the individual educational programme from the school/academic year 2013/2014 onwards to the closure of such education or further until the closure of the school/academic year 2014/2015.
You can find more information about the call with the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities and the Slovene Human Resources and Scholarship Fund.