The programme of measures for economic growth and new jobs combines all crucial measures in accordance with the 2014-2015 coalition agreement which can contribute to economic growth and new jobs, according to the estimates of the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology:
- effective management of companies and sale of state assets
- systematic corporate deleveraging, comprehensive corporate restructuring and effective operation of the banking sector
- ensuring access to favourable sources of financing
- investment in research and development
- new investment
- promoting exports
- professional development
- drafting and implementing measures in the new 2014–2020 programme period
- encouraging the business environment (for corporate growth and development) and
- fighting the shadow economy.
The proposed measures will be included in single Government’s single aimed at ensuring a better legislative and business environment and increased competitiveness, within which the implementation of the programme of measures for economic growth and new jobs will be monitored. The Government of the Republic of Slovenia has already adopted and implemented those measures regarded as crucial for improving the competitiveness of the Slovenian economy by business representatives, and included them all in a single document aimed at improving the business and legislative environment and competition. With the single document, the Government instructed the relevant departments to take a position on the proposals of the relevant stakeholders.